The Pearl House is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Position: Curriculum and Teacher Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to support our teachers in engaging with and carrying out the school curriculum in the classroom. We are looking for a creative individual to train, resource and encourage our teachers to do their best in the classroom as they work with our students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teacher Training – meet regularly with teachers to train them in creative teaching methods, teaching critical thinking skills, behavior management, etc.
2. Teacher Feedback – perform regular classroom observations and develop methods for continually improving teacher performance
3. Curriculum Development – work with the GES curriculum to make it more manageable for teachers, incorporate quality literature, etc.
4. Manage purchasing of Teacher Learning Materials.
5. Develop a special education assessment plan and accommodations plan (This would
likely fall under phase two of the work, once the other systems are in place)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested persons should submit their applications and resume to CGarland@thepearlhouse.org
Deadline: 24 Feb,. 2023