Creative Associates International invites applications from qualified persons to occupy the position of Human Resources (HR) & Office Manager
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Human Resources (HR) & Office Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded project that seeks to strengthen civil society oversight and feedback to performance in public service delivery and to support government and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services.
The HR & Office Manager will be responsible for human resources and office management out of Tamale, Ghana. S/he will organize and coordinate office operations management to optimize program effectiveness and efficiency. S/he will lead HR practices and objectives that will foster a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff.
The Office Manager will be responsible for intra-office communication, streamlining administrative and operational procedures, supporting the Director of Finance & Operations in inventory control management, and staff supervision. The Office Manager is also responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals which includes ensuring compliance with Creative and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
The Office Manager will report to the Director of Finance & Operations, located in Tamale, Ghana.
- Manage HR and office operations to ensure compliance with Creative and client rules and regulations;
- Lead the full-cycle HR recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents;
- Onboard new project hires;
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process;
- Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedures;
- Coordinate staff training and establish staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations;
- Receive and log grievances or complaints from employees;
- Consult with HQ HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provide recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review;
- Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leave;
- Develop office management policies and procedures, to include visitor protocols, and mail/correspondence management;
- Work with relevant vendors to ensure office is properly equipped with water, electricity, internet, cleaning services, fuel, functional appliances/supplies, etc. as required;
- Support the Director of Finance & Operations in inventory/fleet management, establishing and maintaining the IT infrastructure, and overseeing office furniture and supply procurement/budgeting;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits;
- Provide administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings/supporting events, maintaining calendars, conducting research, and preparing memos and reports; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field;
- Minimum of (5+) years HR and office management experience and 8 years of general work experience.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally funded programs;
- Strong knowledge of USG procurement rules and regulations;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ghanaian local labor law;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply For This Job
Interested persons should submit their CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 12th August. 2022