- Development budget and business planning of the Company
- Assist in coordinating DCC’s cost accounting, cost of sales analysis, product costing and variance analysis
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s budget procedure and the budgetary control.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Analyze financial performance and forecast longer term horizons.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate production data including raw materials consumed in production, production quantity, down time, etc.
- Generate variance analysis of planned vs. actual activity rates and standard prices on a monthly basis and investigate variances.
- Plan standard product costs including cost of activities for each month based on approved actual values for the previous month.
- Allocate direct operating and overhead costs across products for the purpose of evaluating and controlling product pricing, profitability, and trends.
- Perform period closing and related activities for product costing.
- Analyze P&L Gls accounts and cost centers and propose eventual corrections.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Exco presentation.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Hierarchy.
- Good understanding of best financial practices.
Core Discipline / Inter Discipline:
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
Skills And Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and synthetising.
- Result-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Power point and Word.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.