Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide.
We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
The REACH project seeks to build Climate Resilience across 14 districts in northern Ghana. Through extensive capacity-building measures on Conservation Agriculture, Community Engagement and improved planning and policies on District level, the challenges of climate change for rural areas are tackled. The Project is co-funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. It is part of the EU Ghana Agricultural Programme which is implemented together with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture of Ghana (MoFA).
Scope of Role:
As one of two Communication Officers of the REACH Project you are as a team responsible for the planning and implementation of measures and events which contribute to the Visibility and Communication strategy of the EU.
At the same time you develop concepts on how the project can convey its messages to its stakeholders and beneficiaries.
This includes processes and activities on Behavioural Change as well as training content and methodologies.
• Coordinate and implement visibility and communications work (including planning communication budget – quantity, formal and material quality, impact) to support other REACH activities
• Develop communication strategies and materials to reach farmers and rural communities within the Project area
• Manage a radio programme on promoting Conservation Agriculture
• Support in the management of the REACH “Nature Clubs” programme for selected basic schools.
• Organisation of Events for awareness raising and visibility in accordance with the projects intervention strategy and the EU-GAP strategy for Visibilty and Communication
• Manage the exchange of information between other Projects under the EU Ghana Agricultural Program (EUGAP) and coordinate the sharing of social media content with the European Union and other partners.
• Assist in communications with the District/Municipal Assemblies(D/MAs) in general and the District/Municipal Planning and Coordinating Units(D/MPCUs) in particular.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism any other relevant field for the position.
• 3 years’ professional experience in the field of communication (media, advertising and PR work, journalism, internal communication, research, lobbying or similar) as well as experience in project and/or event management
• Excellent editing skills with experience in writing articles, features, and/or press releases (evidenced e.g., by work samples)
• Experience with mass media production, in particular radio broadcasts
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Team, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and of graphic editing applications
• Ability to express oneself very well both verbally and in writing in English; polished, target-group oriented style
• Excellent English; Knowledge of local languages, cultural dimensions and undertones of Upper West is a strong asset.
• Very good understanding of public sector institutions and channels of communication
• Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation, cooperation, and negotiation skills.
How To Apply For This Position
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting the Job Code 2022/REACH-M&E/14/11 in the subject line.
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
are encouraged to apply.