GIZ Ghana is hiring a Technical Advisor to undertake a project titled ECOWAS Peace and Security Architecture and Operations. The incumbent will report to the Head of Component.
Contract Duration: 11/2022 – 05/2023 possible extension
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and the European Union, the EPSAO project supports the ECOWAS Commission in various policy areas.
The component in support to the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC) specifically seeks to strengthen organizational development and capacity building with the aim to enable KAIPTC to play a strong role in the African Peace and Security Architecture.
The Technical Advisor will manage activities with a focus on organizational development, business development and stakeholder engagement, with a view to supporting change processes, to strengthen the institutional and financial sustainability of KAITPC and to foster the positioning of the Centre as a key service-provider for civilian expertise in the context of African peace operations.
- Advises the KAIPTC on organisational development, including but not limited to financial management and business development, by supporting the
implementation of key success factors of the KAIPTC strategic plan.
- Advises the KAIPTC on change management processes such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and a needs-based assessment of the Human Resources management system.
- Advises the KAIPTC in the implementation of a demand-driven stakeholder engagement approach.
- Assists the KAIPTC to engage strategically with regional, continental and international (funding and development) partners.
Contributes to the coordination with key partners (African Union, ECOWAS)
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures in line with the project’s knowledge management strategy
- Participates in formulating project action plans and helps synchronize the planning and budgeting system with counterparts in the KAIPTC.
- Coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting project activities
- Is jointly responsible with the KAIPTC for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities.
- University degree in an area that is related to the project/programme
objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to an MBA or a combination of BA with relevant professional training).
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position with a strong focus on organizational development and change management.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in providing technical advice, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in the field of regional and/or continental peace and security, as well as with the African Union or ECOWAS, is an asset.
- Experience in development cooperation is an advantage.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Diligent, goal-oriented, open-minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform tasks without supervision.
- Strong managerial, organisational, and social competence. Strong interpersonal skills and work experience in an intercultural environment is an assets.
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Location: Accra, Ghana
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: email@example.com quoting Job Code 2022/EPSAO/08/09 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 22nd September, 2022
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.