EcoPlanet Bamboo is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Sustainable Development Fellow
About the Organization
We are a global company applying our successful model of landscape restoration to contribute to three of the world’s most critical environmental problems: the need for effective solutions to mitigate global climate change; holistic restoration of the world’s most degraded landscapes; and a growing population that requires sustainable alternatives for consumer products and markets that still contribute to deforestation and deforestation driven emissions.
EcoPlanet Bamboo’s Ghana operations are undertaking the restoration of 11,000 hectares over the next 36-48 months. In addition to our planting program, EcoPlanet operates a community engagement and development program aimed at carrying out improving the lives of the surrounding communities. This program includes two key aspects:
(1) The role out of key community projects with an initial focus on improved water access and sanitation for key villages;
(2) Implementation of an improved farming program, combining a demonstration farm with a series of smallholder farmer trainings on syntropic farming, agroforestry and permaculture techniques appropriate to the project location and climate.
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and above all adventurous Sustainable Development Fellow to join our team in Agogo, Ghana. This is a 1 year fixed engagement.
Location: Rural – Based in Agogo, Ashanti Region. This role requires extensive time in the field – rain or shine.
- Coordinate the overall program of social impact projects and community engagement through work plan development and implementation according to the Community Engagement Plan.
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Record and maintain documents on program activities, including weekly reporting.
- Organize program activities with the Community Liaison Officer, including serving as the key contact between external consultants and the project.
- Coordinate development and preparation of project costs including budgeting and expenditure tracking and reporting on program activities.
- Write annual and quarterly reports as required by project funders, including gathering and compiling all information necessary.
- Provide training and build capacity of the in-country community engagement team to be able take forward project coordination at a local level on completion of the fellowship.
- A Master’s Degree in International Development, Agriculture, Management, Social Sciences or other related field
- 3+ years’ experience coordinating and implementing community development programs.
- Excellent writing ability and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a multi-national Company
- Experience with syntropic farming / agroforestry or permaculture a plus
- Experience working with smallholder farmers a plus
- Experience working in West Africa a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a competitive remuneration package, growth opportunities and a platform from which to do exciting and meaningful work with an ambitious and passionate team in a vibrant global company that is working towards driving sustainable change.
For more information on EcoPlanet Bamboo watch some short videos available at: www.vimeo.com/ecoplanetbamboo or visit our website at www.ecoplanetbamboo.com
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters Via: email@example.com.
- Only qualified candidates will be responded to.
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 15 January 2023