Bboxx, a UK-based Next Generation Utility company is seeking the services of a Country Managing Director in Ghana.
Bboxx is a UK-based Next Generation Utility company providing affordable, reliable, and clean energy solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. having already impacted over 2 million customers’ lives with our solar home systems (SHS) so far and diversification into clean cooking and other utilities underway, we have 1000+ staff working across five offices in Europe, Asia and Africa – who are waking up every morning to transform the lives of our customers and to unlock their potential.
We are looking for a Country Managing Director with solid commercial and leadership experience to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures and drive the strategic growth of the country’s Bboxx operation.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also creating and implementing high-quality strategy and business plans at the country-level. Very strong analytical and project management skills will also be essential since the MD is the one expected to deliver results and changes necessary.
The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines. You will be joining a team of 1000+ staff across multiple offices in Africa, UK, France & China.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Lead the business and responsible for overall objectives and KPIs in the country
- Responsible to achieve business targets and deliver results as per defined in the budget
- Own the country P&L, and ensure that business outcomes (profitability etc.) are always achieved
- Build the team and manage relationships with Bboxx investors / Board members
- Oversee relationships with strategic business partners in-country
- Create, own and implement the commercial strategy for the country (product mix, pricing, contract lengths, distribution model, etc.)
- Implement local pricing models based on customer feedback and business performance targets
- Ensure growth of the business and operations of the retail network by implementing the company’s standard operating model, and setting up hubs & retail outlets in line with growth targets
- Manage the finances of the business, and ensure full audit compliance
- Ensure the business complies with company policies and procedures on, among others, anti-bribery, employment, governance
- Represent the brand, and maintain quality service by identifying market trends, analyzing and reviewing best customer service practices etc.
- Report on company operations in a timely and accurate manner to the Board
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior commercial role, preferably within a multinational business (e.g., FMCG, telecoms,
- Renewable energy), with P&L ownership & a track record of delivering consistent bottom-line performance
- Demonstrated assertiveness, a passion for excellence, and a unique ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Proven strategic aptitude, with the ability to influence at a senior level internally and externally – Commercial acumen, with strong customer orientation
- Demonstrated track record of leading teams to consistently deliver outperformance
Very strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and project management skills are required
- First class time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize
- Prior experience in a reputable strategy consulting firm is a distinct advantage
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English a must, French an added advantage.
- ADAPTABILITY: Flexible, results-oriented, and able to work in a project-driven environment
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Multi-tasking, project management and decision-making skills
- INFLUENCE: Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to engage key stakeholders
- ANALYTICAL: Strong analytical and numerical skills, commercial acumen, and MS Excel skills
- CHANGE LEADERSHIP: Demonstrated ability to lead change efforts within an organization
- JUDGEMENT: Good judgment, and the ability to develop credibility across the business
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply to roles you are passionate about. We strive to create an inclusive environment and regularly celebrate the diversity of our people through events arranged by our Culture Committee. Bboxx provides a workplace where you can be your authentic self and focus on our mission of transforming lives and unlocking potential through access to energy!
How To Apply For This Job
Interested persons should submit their CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 12th August. 2022