Standard Chartered Bank is seeking the services of a qualified individual for the below listed position:
Job Position: Balance Sheet Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs routine balance sheet reporting tasks such as A/D ratios.
- Applies policies to given situations and knows where to seek advice when faced with an ambiguous issue requiring interpretation
- Monitors management action triggers and escalates action items at country level
- Provides insightful commentary on reporting packs and specialized schedules including business variance analysis linking current performance with future projections, risks and opportunities
- Recognized as credible source of data and query management for business stakeholders and the monitoring key balance sheet ratios
- Contributes to discussions with Group Market Risk and ALM functions on transfer pricing for new products, stress testing assumptions, sources of funding for balance sheet and inputs for LMC/CMC/ALCO papers
- Devises forward looking balance sheet metrics-to support additional limits/capital injections
- Scans the wider external environment to anticipate, influence and contribute to the formation and subsequent interpretation of rules and regulations through the engaging of other professional industry subject matter experts both within and outside the Bank
- COFF/COL computation
- Core and non- core computation
- Act as secretary to Local ALCO
- Ensure ALCO objectives are carried out and measured by responsible parties
- Ensure the effective management of the business’s capital and balance sheet structures including funding, liquidity, currency and market risks etc;
- Back Testing
- Commitments monitoring
- Shareholders’ fund management .
Management of Subsidiary Board Papers and External Agencies Board Papers
- Socio-Economic impact study
- Quarterly Board Papers
- Undertake bank wide competitor analysis with selected banks on quarterly basis
Deliver the following reports within set deadlines –
- Forecast Balance sheet
- Capital plan and Single Borrower Limit (SBL) Projection
- Carry out a monthly analytical review of Balance sheet highlighting the key drivers of performances in term of businesses and products.
Strategy Budgeting & Forecasting
- Provide inputs into business strategies
- Prepare/Review Cost Budgeting
- Highlight opportunities and risks for management action
Investment Spend Decision Making
- Provide financial analysis and support for all investment spend
- Ensure adequate controls are in place on all projects
Operational Risk – Finance
- Act as responsible officer for EOPS balance sheet management function
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- ALCO Members
Our Ideal Candidate
- First Degree from a reputable institution
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least five years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its impact of the bank’s financial reporting.
- Good working knowledge of the Group Accounting practice and Local Regulatory requirements supplemented by all round Banking experience.
- Working knowledge of Accounting/Banking systems is essential for the extraction and processing of data from the system.
- Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines
- High level of computer literacy is required for processing data in various packages.
Role Specific Competencies
- General Ledger Analysis
- Business communication
- Financial Analysis
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
How To Apply For This Position
Qualified persons should submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply
Closing Date : 24th Nov, 2022