The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) advises reforming political leaders and governments on strategy, policy and delivery, with technology as an enabler across all three functions. In so doing we make a significant and positive impact for citizens around the world.
In recognition of TBI Advisory’s growing impact and size in West and Central Anglophone Africa, we are looking to recruit talented individuals to support our growth. The Associates will support our growing project portfolio (both resident in-country or supporting from a hub), business development activities and horizontal offerings of expertise to our clients. Associates represent the bulk of our teams around the world.
They are generalist problem-solvers able to support political leaders across all the dimensions at which we offer advice. Successful applicants will have an amazing career ahead of them. Whether they are at TBI for a few years, or a large share of their career as they grow and progress within the Institute – their experience as a TBI Associate will position them to have a huge global impact. This role is ideal for the candidate who is passionate about politics and the ability to create change by working in and with governments.
Associates must have the ability to operate with clients and across TBI with professionalism, confidentiality, integrity and diplomacy. This is not an entry-level role but requires some experience potentially with a graduate or professional degree, though it is expected that many successful applicants will still be early in their career with a high degree of learning and development potential. Please note that applicants must have the right to work in Ghana.
- Support projects in-country and/or regional client or development opportunities as TBI advises political leaders on strategy, policy and delivery with technology as the enabler across all three dimensions
- Develop research, analysis, written insights and other deliverables for clients and senior leadership within TBI
- Engage with client counterparts to understand client requirements, articulate ideas and participate in presentations of deliverables
- Innovate and develop tools that enable efficient management and delivery of programmes (including project dashboards, frameworks and trackers)
- Support delivery of high levels of project impact, facilitating nimble performance tracking and coordination where required
- Play a hands-on role in opportunity scoping and relationship building to enable the expansion of TBI to new geographies, including developing presentations for new country clients and senior government officials
- Support new projects in their inception phase and support implementation as in-country teams are put in place
- Apply and learn from new and innovative approaches to supporting change and deliver impact
- Experience as a political staffer, public servant, or in consulting, economics, finance, multilateral institutions, high impact civil society organisations, and many other previous roles are all considered relevant at TBI. Technology experience is not required but is an asset. What is required is a personal passion for politics and strong political acumen
- A work ethos focused on team success with genuine motivation for colleagues’ performance, growth and well-being
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis across various topics, generate original insights and produce high-quality deliverables which are fit for delivery to senior government clients, perform challenging analysis and structured problem solving
- Insatiable curiosity for data, with a proven ability to process it with attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and a demonstrable strength in project management
- Demonstrable experience of being an entrepreneurial self-starter
- Skilled at communicating, from executive office level through to technical level, adept at speaking to senior leadership, knowing how to navigate ambiguous environments and comfortable at managing up and beyond hierarchy
- Demonstrating a proactive and hands-on attitude, not afraid to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done and take ownership of their workstream
- Passion for tech and an interest in using new software beyond the traditional MS Office Suite
- Multiple languages skills are an asset
Please note, it is essential you have an existing right to work in Ghana to apply for this role.
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
How To Apply
Interested persons should Click Here To Apply
Closing Date 25th November 2022