MODEC is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team player to occupy the vacant position below;
Position: QA/QC Inspector
- Maintain quality management systems.
- Ensure inspection of all spares going to the FPSO or for operations to be in good serviceable condition and accompanied by appropriate quality documentation as per Procurement QAQC Matrix.
- Ensure appropriate preservations for spares and equipment in storage and ensure appropriate records are available and updated.
- Ensure close coordination with contractors regarding the fabrication of piping and structural components to ensure that quality requirements are achieved and desired delivery of items are not impacted by quality issues.
- Ensure the disposition of all issued non-conformance reports and verify/ensure implementation of approved corrective actionsInspect / Verify / Witness /Review onshore equipment servicing by contractors e.g. Valve testing, equipment refurbishment etc.
- Perform inspections at local manufacturers and ensure involvement of third-party inspectors i.e.
- ABS and DNV when required Inspect / Verify / Witness /Review welding, dimensional inspection, and NDT and closely monitor the quality activities of onshore fabricators’ facility.
- Would also be required to carry out inspection offshore during installation phase of prefabricated structures when required.
- Ensure that correct and approved procedures are used on all projects by local manufacturers.
- Review quality documentation for new fabrications and repair works to ensure compliance to statutory requirements, Codes, Standards and Operations Specifications.
- Verify quality requirements are correctly specified on project documentation
- Attend manufacturers meetings on projects/fabrications
- Monitor contractors to ensure that they implement their quality planning for all onshore projects
- Verify material traceability for repair work new manufacture
- Follow all QA and QC requirements as laid out in the approved ITP (Inspection and Test Plan) during fabrications and repair works.
- Coordinate with third party inspectors to carry out inspections where required
- Review and approve Inspection and Test records on fabrications and repair works
- Perform final inspection for new fabrications and repair works prior to release.
- Review (MRB) Manufacturers Record Books
- Ensure job scopes are completed as per schedule and coordinate shipment offshore.
- Follow up on non-conformities and ensure corrective actions are carried out
- Inspection of materials received to ensure compliance with required specifications and documentations complying with the Procurement QAQC matrix before shipment to the facility or storage.
- Coordinating inspection release and material receiving reports for all items going offshore.
- Ensuring preservation requirements for items under storage are performed and records updated.
- Monitoring goods and equipment under preservation and updating records.
- Updating QAQC documentation records for materials received.
- Coordinating the resolution of non-conforming deliveries with suppliers.
- Assist MLCs and warehouse assistants where required.
- Assist in preparation of monthly QAQC report.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline (preferably Mechanical Engineering).
- CSWIP 3.1 certificate holder
- +5 years’ experience in quality inspection for Piping and Electrical.
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the international standards applicable to the oil & gas industry.
- Knowledge on maintenance management and procurement modules for CMMS software system (Maximo/ AMOS).
- Computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested persons should submit their applications and resume via the company’s website Click Here To Apply Online
Deadline: 10th March, 2023