Standard Chartered invites applications from qualified persons to occupy the position of Manager, Bond Trustees
The jobholder is a coordinator of activities within the bond trustee services, with the responsibility for delivering high quality service to bondholders, issuers and market intermediaries supporting bondholders within issuances the bank supports as Bond Trustee (BT).
The activities include contracts and reports management, Regulator engagement and reporting, obligation monitoring, review and oversight of processing of due obligation payments, and coordination of communication to bondholders and stakeholders, management of requests and complaints, and processing of daily risk and controls checks.
The Bond Trustee services covers both government and corporate issuers, including Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFIs), Banks, Corporates, and Ministries, Municipalities and Departments (MMD) of government, with expect best-in-class service and operational standards. The role requires the jobholder to coordinate activities between the business functions of Operations, Sales, Implementation & Client Management and Product Management as well as a variety of internal support functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal and Finance. The jobholder is expected to implement and comply with global and regional initiatives and to engage with other Securities Services (SS) branches and regional SS stakeholders in a strongly collaborative manner.
There is extensive interaction with senior securities market individuals and infrastructures such as stock exchanges, securities depositories, and regulators.
In summary, the jobholder:
- has administrative responsibility, coordinating all relevant parties and activities in the provision of the Bond Trustee service
- develop good relationships with both internal and external stakeholder for smoother executions
- ensures a collaborative, co-ordinated approach to issues requiring multi-disciplinary input.
- The main go to person for the business internal engagements outside of management.
- Engage with key providers within each issuance for better coordination and execution.
- Implementation of regional/global SS policies and overseen by senior stakeholders to get it done
- Help develop Bond Trustee Services in Ghana, in conformity with the broader global and regional strategy for securities services
- Continuously find ways of bettering the processes and activities within the Bond Trustee Service
- Support identify opportunities and threats to the business as a result of changes in the local market, including changes to market regulations and competitor activity
- Support the growth of the local P&L for Bond Trustee services business in Ghana.
- Assists cultivate a collaborative, co-ordinated approach between Bond Trustee function, internal support and control functions and local senior management, especially within CCIB (including FI Coverage).
- Help in building and maintaining strong, robust relationships between SCB internal stakeholders and external stakeholders, including agents within the issuance, senior management of issuers, market infrastructure providers, investors and intermediaries involved with each tranche of issuance.
- Be first escalation point within the SS Bond Trustee business at the local level for bondholder issues and queries.
- Reference the processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF (Operational Risk Framework) as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising
People and Talent
The business function(s) to which the jobholder reports must have equal weighting, dual reporting lines to their functional managers. The jobholder receive active input for performance management from the matrixed leads and – given the dual-line structure – will need to influence actions/behaviours in a sophisticated and subtle manner.
- Demonstrate through example in building appropriate culture and values. Engage the appropriate tone and expectations from team leads and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Engage through deeds and words a culture of openness and collaboration, especially within the functions providing securities services
- Ensure the participation in ongoing training and developments.
- Complete objective and balanced input to P3 process for matrix reporting lines where applicable.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Contribute to the identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling, and mitigating risks within the Bond Trustee business. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Bond Trustee business and assist in managing them
- Ensure an understanding of risk management issues
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Bond Trustee governance, controls in the business and, if necessary, proposing changes in these areas
- Understanding of the regulatory framework in which SS operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
(This is mandatory standard wording, please tailor wording in brackets, do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Ghana, Financial Markets, Financing and Securities Services Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- SEC prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation].
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- The jobholder will take an engaging role in managing the relationship with the securities regulator, as regards the activities of the Bond Trustee business, by assisting to ensure there is a good rapport between SCB and the relationship manager with the regulator. Similarly, the jobholder will manage relationships with market infrastructure entities such as the Stock Exchange, Central Depository, Brokers, Custodians and Fund Managers.
- The Jobholder will also have an instrumental role in ensuring positive and effective co-ordination with internal business and support functions such as FI Coverage, Risk Mgt, Compliance, Legal, Finance, as well as the in-country senior management team.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in work activities
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Multiple functions (double hats); [List all responsibilities associated with the management of more than one role] This will depend on the individual jobholder in every country
- The jobholder will normally be educated to degree level with significant experience – normally a minimum of 5 years – in securities services or a closely related industry. Recognised industry qualifications would be an advantage
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
How To Apply For This Job
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply
Closing Date : 15th August. 2022