Guinness Ghana invites applications from qualified persons to fill in the position below:
Job Position: Sustainability Manager
Our Corporate Relations (CR) team are reputation experts, crafting and protecting the future of our business and much-loved brands. With the ambition to become one of the most trusted and respected consumer goods companies in the world, our CR team act as the link to external bodies, businesses, governments and consumers.
Operating across different markets, brands, and business areas including Corporate, Policy and Society, we collaborate with people all around the world. Whatever your strengths and passions, we’ll harness your talent and help you be the best reputation expert you can be.
The Sustainability Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of Diageo’ responsible Guinness Ghana’s ESG and sustainability agenda, and they will:
- Lead the development and execution of a strategy and campaigns to achieve our Spirit of Progress (SoP) 2030 agenda;
- Project lead on internal and external campaigns to promote a circular economy in Ghana through inter-agency team member engagements on Plastics to ensuring the needed shift in our business to progressively move to 100% use of packaging that are widely recyclable (or reusable/compostable).
- Promote responsible drinking programmes, initiate campaigns sought at reducing the harmful use of alcohol in society;
- Manage, coordinate and facilitate partnerships with relevant governmental entities, regulators, civil society and business partners in line with our ESG commitments
- Initiate and implement internal campaign to promote Diageo alcohol policy and responsible drinking amongst Diageo employees and third-party partners
- Ensure that SoP strategy improves Diageo’s ambition to be the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer goods company in Ghana
Guinness expects the Sustainability Manager to be accountable for:
- Owns, develops, monitors, evaluate and reports on the strategic positioning of Sustainability and ESGs across the Guinness Ghana business and to key above-market channels.
- Project Management from end-to-end on implementation of Sustainability programmes – includes but not limited to the following key Society 2030 Spirit of Progress priority areas – delivering execution excellence on all ongoing projects:
- Pioneering Grain-to-Glass Sustainability
- 40% of tasks focused on Plastics collections and recycling projects, promoting/shaping policy on circular economy in Ghana
- Preserving water for Life – community programmes
- Promote Positive Drinking – addressing under-aged drinking, drink driving and advocating on moderation
- Foster Inclusion and Diversity
- Doing business, the right way – ensuring 100% compliance to our Diageo Business Code
- Drive 100% engagement of employees in Sustainability initiatives by ensuring benefits and impact of our Sustainability activities on the lives of people and communities are visible and tangible for all employees
- Ensure legal agreements are in place for all community partnerships.
- Lead the work with any and all Government agencies and departments and with the industry association on the company’s responses to questions or statements of position on Sustainability and ESG related matters;
- Collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. supply chain, commercial, marketing, finance, legal and human resources) to develop a coordinated Spirit of Progress plans and execution;
- Lead in ensuring that all Guinness Ghana marketing and commercial activities comply with relevant ethical codes and/or regulations such us our Brand Promoter Policies.
- Provide and support Corporate Relations Director on strategy and initiatives as delegated by the CRD from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree: Public Relations, Sustainability, Communications or related field of study
- Minimum of 4years – proven experience in managing social campaigns, sustainability programmes or in Corporate Relations;
- Outstanding Project Management skills and ability to manage a big budget – must be highly organised;
- Interpersonal relationship building skills and exposure to partner management, e.g., customer, Government, media, and or employee engagement;
- Good industry and commercial understanding – be able to translate regulatory threats into commercial opportunities;
- Good written and verbal skills;
- Ability to mobilise people and teams and exposure to influencing at senior management level;
- Experience in working at a strategic level, developing and implementing community programmes either in the corporate or voluntary (NGO) sector, familiarity of the plastics circular economy is an added advantage
- Work independently remotely from direct supervision;
- Strong commitment to Code of Business Conduct (CoBC) principles and underlying values
- Have passion for community and be drive to make a difference;
- Awareness of multicultural differences and sensitivities;
- Ability to impact and influence upwards;
- Ability to work confidently, persuasively and to stand ground, in order to earn the respect of both internal/external collaborators.
How To Apply For This Position
Qualified applicants should submit their CV and Application through the Company’s Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date : 5th December, 2022