Create Change Ghana is seeking to hire the services of qualified persons to occupy the vacant position below.
Job Position: Program Director
Create Change Ghana (CCG) is focused on educating girls and increasing women’s leadership in an effort to empower people in Ghana’s Northern region. The non-governmental organization is searching for a new Program Director to lead it into a new phase of growth.
The successful candidate will join a small team in Tamale, Northern Ghana. Founded in 2007 by its Canadian partner Create Change Foundation, Create Change Ghana isfocused on empowering girls to create innovative social change in the area of education leadership and climate action. Our vision is to support girls through their education, so they can gain the necessary experience to one day manage the organization’s social programs.
Already many of our staff members are sponsored student alumni. We are looking for a leader who can effectively manage our new developments and ensure we become a more efficient organization, a better partner, and a leader in our field in terms of sustainability and innovative approaches to empowering people.
The Program Director as part of our Northern Ghana team will take a leading role in overseeing CCG’s social programs. To achieve our ambitious goals in the areas of education, girls’ leadership, and climate action, the Program Director will work with all stakeholders to solidify the organization’s beautiful cycle of educating girls, providing them with experience and opportunity, and to become leaders in Ghana’s north, as well as within the organization.
CCG’s new Program Director will lead the transformation of the organization to a new operating model that focuses on the inclusion of girls in innovative strategies that effect sustainable change. We are looking for a candidate that has vast experience in implementing social programs in schools and communities.
Our new Program Director must be committed to advocating for Ghana’s poor, be a natural advocate for girls and young women, and must shy away from bureaucracy and on spending that does not help to impact the people we work to serve. He or she will be excited about the opportunity to implement a new, more innovative, and empowering approach to development and social change
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization. Develop and maintain efficient and effective operating systems that ensure compliance.
- Financial – Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve efficiency. Assist the Finance and Admin Department to prepare and control operational budgets, control inventory and recommend effective strategies for the financial wellbeing of CCG.
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources – Working with the Executive Director (ED) to plan the use of human resources. Assist in recruitment, placement and training of required staff; establishment of organizational structure; delegation of tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with the ED.
- Data Collection, Analysis and Impact Reporting – Ensure all departments are regularly measuring their social impact through data collection and analysis and regular impact reporting.
- Curriculum Design and Implementation – Ensure staff are creating effective curriculum for both training and education related programs, and effectively implementing these curriculums.
- Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Strategic Input – Liaise with the Board and Executive Director of Create Change Canada. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Risk Management – Oversee organizational policies in all areas of the organization.
Required Skills or Experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field with 3+ years of experience in an NGO or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ year experience in an NGO
- Proven work experience as program director or equivalent position
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget development and supervision experience
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Familiarity with financial management principles and practices
- Experience building personal networks resulting in new opportunities for the organization
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and impact reporting
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, and defining a clear way forward
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and a collaborative management style
- Has a background in building and leading a team with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience leading change in an organization which has led to considerable results for the organization
- Can delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Experience with literacy programs, rural community development, female empowerment programs, or climate action projects will be considered an asset.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Commitment to social justice and Create Change Ghana’s mission commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Experience and knowledge working in Northern Ghana preferred
- Fluency in Dagbani is an asset
- Lastly, Must be fluent in English
How To Apply For This
Interested persons should submit a one-page cover letter and a CV to Jobs@createchangenow.ca
- Please submit a cover letter and CV by Friday, 9th December, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
- Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Women are encouraged to apply