Job Position: Chief Operating Officer
Established in 2010, Miro provides Plywood, Edge Glued Panels, CCA Treated Poles and related forest products to partners and clients in West Africa and around the world. Headquartered from the UK, Miro is fully committed to delivering high quality products produced from the company’s sustainable timber plantations and factories in West Africa.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the Ghana and Sierra Leone business units. A key member of the executive team the COO will work closely with the CEO, CFO, CSO and CCO to deliver shareholder value and achieve the Miro’s potential.
- Manage the day-to-day business operations of the company vs. budgeted objectives and to minimise risk. This will include all operations of the company (industrial, nursery, R&D, silviculture, harvesting, transportation, workshop, HR, environmental, health and safety, business administration and relations).
- Monitor current projects including reporting on status, progress updates, and identifying areas that require corrective actions.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Increase productivity and utilisation at all levels to effectively and efficiently achieve company goals.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Supporting the recruitment processes to attract the best candidates, develop future leaders and talent, and reduce employee turnover.
- Reduce and effectively manage costs to support the leadership in making decisions.
- Champion the culture of the company as aligned with the CEO.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideally 15-20 years’ experience of executive leadership experience, with previous P+L responsibility
- In-depth knowledge of implementing operational excellent in a processing environment
- Experience managing multisite ideally across multi counties
- High emotional intelligence and culturally agile
- Change Management and influencing experience in large projects.
- Excellent team leadership and coaching skills, as well as organizational development
- Comfortable in a high growth and changeable environment
- English (fluent written and verbal) skills are necessary
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and application letters on the company’s website: Click Here To Begin Application Online
For More Jobs and Scholarship Opportunities CLICK HERE
Closing Date: Currently Recruiting