Akatakyiman Rural Bank is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic team-player to occupy the vacant position below;
Job Position: Compliance Officer
The Compliance Officer shall be the head of Compliance unit and shall be responsible for the efficient day-to-day management of the Compliance unit and ensuring the implementation of the Bank’s Compliance Policy.
Highly disciplined, diligent, meticulous, intelligent, compliant, good numeracy skills, very analytical, well-informed, extensive knowledgeable individual, sociable and able to explain compliance issues to subordinates.
On a day to day basis, the compliance Officer shall be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Bank’s Compliance Policy and regarding accountabilities, he shall:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the requirement of applicable laws and regulations and the Banks internal standards of conduct and procedures in the Bank’s Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and shall assess the severity of potential Compliance Risks, based on knowledge of the Bank’s business
- Serve as a contact point with the Bank for compliance queries from employees, Creditors, Other collaborating Organizations including State Agencies, the Bank of Ghana, ARB Apex Bank and other regulatory bodies in connection with compliance issues.
- Perform any other duties as the job may require or as directed by Board/Management from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience:
- A minimum of HND in any business related field and at least three (3) years working experience in the Banking Industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly disciplined and compliant with rules and regulations.
- A good understanding of relevant Banking Laws, other relevant Acts of parliament, on-going contracts/agreements with creditors and other collaborating organizations and all other regulatory requirements. Very analytical and paying attention to details.
- Must be computer literate, especially in word processing, spreadsheet and PowerPoint.
- Must have a good knowledge of T-24 banking application software.
- Able to make presentation to high profile audience.
- Should be able to work without strict supervision and must be able to “flow” with all manner of people